Reporting and Applying For A Lost Or Stolen US Passport

How do I replace a passport that was lost outside the United States and I lost my passport what should I do?

Please contact the nearest U.S consulate or embassy in your area in order to be aided when reporting a passport lost / stolen. You will be required to provide specific documents to obtain replacement passport. US Passport 123 always recommends that you travel with a copy of your most recent passport in case of instances where you could become separated with your US Passport when abroad.

Who do I report to that my passport is lost?

You can visit and report to your local post office in order to report your passport lost/stolen, or by completing a passport application for a replacement passport. You can also contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) to report a lost passport.

Will the passport agency issue me a replacement passport, without me going through the whole process again?

Passports are reported lost or stolen by calling the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) and or contacting your local post office by completing a government application which makes the lost passport invalidated and can no longer be used for travel. All passport applicants are required to go through a whole new process of applying for a replacement passport.

Can I renew my lost passport, it has expired any way?

A lost passport cannot be renewed because the passport book has to be in your procession in order to renew it: A government form DS -64 has to be completed and sent along with the application for a replacement passport. Please.