Monthly Archives: June 2011

How Do I Renew My Expired Passport?


If your passport has expired, then you’ll naturally need to have it renewed. Otherwise, you won’t be able to use it to travel to foreign destinations where US passports are required. You have several options when renewing your passport: sending it by mail, send it in person, or visit your nearest US Embassy or Consulate. What option is available to you depends on where you’re based, and if you are able to meet the requirements for renewing passports. First, let’s talk about renewing your Expired USA Passport by mail. Mail Submission If you’re after convenience,Continue

Renew Your U.S. Passport – For US Citizens


A passport gives you the right to travel and show you are a citizen. It can be easy to obtain, but you will need to allow several weeks before you need to have it. The pasport renewal should be done when you have a name change, it has been lost or stolen or if it is expiring. Travel Plans You need to be aware of the time involved in getting one, especially if you are planning on traveling soon. Many countries require the passport replacement to be issued at least 6 months from the timeContinue

Learn How To Get A USA Passport Name Change


Learning how to get a passport name change is important if you want your passport to reflect the change in your name since your most recent passport. A name change applies when you get married (and have taken on a different surname), or your name has changed through a court order. In both instances, you will have to go through the passport office for this New Passport Name Change. Legally Changed You have two ways about getting your passport name changed if your name was changed legally (due to marriage or court order). What optionContinue

Everything About The Expedited USA Passport You Will Have To Know


In a hurry to get your passport? Currently, the routine passport processing takes around four to six weeks. That’s a long time if you need to leave in less than four weeks. That’s why there’s the Expedited New Passport. And as its name suggests, it’s the type of passport you’ll need if you want to get your passport a lot faster than routine passport processing. Department Of State In fact, the US Depart of State strongly recommends to those who need to leave for another country in less than ten weeks to have their passportContinue

Traveling Internationally With Your Child – Learn How To Get A Minor’s Passport


When it comes to passport applications, adults and minors (children below 18 years old) need to submit the same basic requirements. In the case of minors, however, there are special requirements they will also need to fulfill. These special requirements mostly deal with establishing the minors’ relationship with their parents or guardians. Let us tell you more about everything you need to know about completing a children passport application. Basic Requirements Let’s begin with the most basic requirements starting with Form DS-11. This is the form that is completed by anyone who is applying forContinue